Life Group Formation
New Life Groups in Three Simple Steps
- Gather 5-12 friends or people you know that are interested in starting a Life Group.
- Review the Role of the Life Group leader along with the Qualifications & Expectations found below and complete the Life Group Leader application found in the sidebar. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, you’ll receive a Life Group Leader packet along with an 8 week Community Study to get your group started.
Role of a Life Group Leader
Life Group leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction and support. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders, and are leading their groups in such a way as to encourage the group members’ growth in these three relationships as well.
- Spiritually warm—have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more).
- Relationally warm—have good social skills and emotional intelligence.
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives.
- Have Life Group experience (preferably).
- Be a member of Grace Covenant Church or agreement to actively pursue.
- Have the time, emotional capacity and moral discernment to lead a group.
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration and promoting participation among group members.
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church.
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success.
- For Married Life Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities.