About Hope in Ethiopia
Hope in Ethiopia, in partnership with several Ethiopian churches, provides for the physical, spiritual, emotional and mental needs of orphan-headed households and for widows who are living with AIDS. Our mission is to see the communities of Zeway, Ethiopia and Austin, Texas transformed as together we stand in the gap to provide for the needs of orphans. We believe that caring for orphans changes the lives of all those involved resulting in the spread of hope within communities.
Grace is an active part of God’s plan to transform the lives in 150+ orphans in Ethiopia by providing food, shelter, clothing, peer support groups, education, discipleship, and even local adoption. We know these children personally, and they have transformed many of our lives as well. Please visit hopeinethiopia.org to learn how you can get involved through mission trips, sponsorship, prayer teams, and more.
You can be the one who “stands in the gap” for the orphans by committing to pray for them daily. Not sure where to start? You can download a 40 Day Prayer Guide for Orphan Care (PDF) which will give you daily direction on how to pray for orphans.
The social workers and staff support not only our Child-Headed Household program in Zeway, Ethiopia, but also care for more than 1,000 additional children and families in need. Their own needs are many, and they covet your prayers. Please partner in their work by going to the Father on their behalf.
- For wisdom in dealing with challenges of adolescents who live alone and in poor conditions
- For success in engaging local churches in the ministry
- For grace to withstand increasing Muslim persecution
- For protection in their personal walks with Christ, and for their families
Grace partners with 17 evangelical churches in Zeway to care for the orphans and widows. Please pray that the Zeway churches multiply their efforts to care for these vulnerable children and dying widows.
- For the Zeway churches to have the compassion to see the needs of the children and widows in their community
- For common fears, like financial resources and social stigmas, to not deter the church members from caring for the least of these.
- That true sustainability of this partnership would be in the hands of the local church.
- That Grace and the Zeway churches will be unified for the shared purpose of caring for the poor and glorifying God.
- For protection in the personal walks of the pastors and leaders, and for their families.
Visit hopeinethiopia.org for more information.