Serve Grace Kids
Saying YES to the next generation by serving on Sunday mornings can make a huge and eternal impact in the lives of children at Grace. Volunteer with Grace Kids to help children discover and embrace a growing relationship with Jesus in the nursery all the way through grade 5, depending on where you choose to serve.
Small Group Leaders [Birth through Grade 5]:
Volunteers are assigned to a group of children based on age and — along with co-leaders — are responsible for leading activities, encouraging discussion and guiding their group through the Sunday morning experience. Small group leaders have the same children each week and form a relationship built on trust and consistency with the children and parents.
Volunteers help at welcome desks during the check-in and check-out times to welcome families, help first-time visitors and secure buildings. During the worship services, they also support the small group leaders in ministry areas.
Large Group Leaders:
This team helps to lead the large group teaching and worship time in each of our age groups (early preschool, pre-k through grade 3 and grades 4-5). Volunteers use their abilities to lead singing, worship, drama and Bible teaching to help children learn the “big truth” for the day. They support the small group leaders by taking the main teaching burden off of them so they can focus on relationship and application.*Please note that these positions are chosen with much care, and auditions may be required.
Special Needs Buddies:
Volunteers work with individual children who require extra help on Sunday mornings. No previous background in special education is necessary. All that is required is a love and passion for children with special needs.
Volunteers also serve on our audio/visual team and on the supply team (weekdays) with more specifically defined roles. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email email@example.com to learn more.
- What am I signing up for? Most of our volunteers lead small groups. Partnered with others, they guide the same group of children through activities and discussions. We provide all the material you need to do this successfully!
- How often do I serve? We ask you to commit to one service each Sunday. Consistency provides stability for the kids and develops trust-filled relationships that help children know, understand and follow Jesus.
- How long is my commitment? Sunday, August 19, 2018, through Sunday, June 2, 2019.
- What if I have to miss a Sunday? We ask that you let us know and will work with you to find substitutes for when you are unavailable.
- What if I’m horrible with kids? With all the training and materials that we provide, we walk you through it step-by-step. Also, we need people to help with check-in, act as greeters and fill roles that aren’t all children all the time. Just sign up, and we’ll help you figure out where you can best serve.
- Can middle school and high school students serve? Students in grades 6-8 can participate in our Leaders-in-Training (LIT) program and are paired with adults in the classroom. Students in grades 9-12 apply to volunteer using the same process as adults.
- How can I get started? Fill out the Grace Kids volunteer application on the children’s ministry page of grace360.org, complete and pass a background check.
- Why should I consider it? Grace Covenant Church is a church “committed to service.” This is one way that you can serve here. It takes the entire body to raise up the next generation to have a relationship with Jesus and be leaders in the Church. Also, as more and more young families continue to join our church family, we need more and more people to help make a place for children.
- I’m flexible about where I serve. What area has the greatest need? The nursery and preschool classrooms call for more leaders than those with older children, but we always need small group leaders for all ages.
RETURNING VOLUNTEER: How to SAY YES to the Next Generation…Again
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know that you are interested in serving again.
Complete a background check (if needed).
NEW VOLUNTEER: How to Apply to SAY YES to the Next Generation
Complete the volunteer application.Volunteer Application
Complete a background check. We will send you the link!
Please email Liz Banda with any questions or if would like to know more before applying. Please note that all roles with Grace Kids require a background check.